We often get asked “What is there to do in Costa Rica?” The short answer? A lot! The long answer? Read on.
There are so many adventure tours available that it can be frustrating trying to plan a trip here. So, I’ve put together our favorite six things to do in Guanacaste. I bet you can guess what tops our list of things to do in Costa Rica…
1) Surf lessons with Point Break Surf: Costa Rica really is a surfer’s paradise and a fabulous place to take surf lessons. The water is warm and it is almost always sunny out (and if it is raining, it’s warm rain). More importantly, where we teach surfing, Playa Grande, there is always a beginner spot working somewhere.
2) Stand Up Paddleboarding (SUP) Playa Danta: SUP is the latest thing to hit Costa Rica. Standing on a 10ft – 11ft board with a tall paddle, you feel like you are walking on water. And for those who progress far enough, it is also great fun to surf small waves with SUP boards. A beautiful place to do some SUP is at Playa Danta, where you can rent boards. Click here for more info on our SUP packages.
Playa Danta also has kayaks for hire as well as a five-star outdoor restaurant located right on the beach (Lola’s Norte).
3) Mountain Biking Playa Danta: There are also 10 miles of gorgeous single-track mountain biking and hiking trails that wind the hills at Playa Danta. Mountain bikes are available for hire at the outfitter shop at Playa Danta. Check out our videos of mountain biking at Playa Danta.
4) Private Sailing charter with Captain Brad: Captain Brad runs a beautiful 37 foot beneteau – Libre sin Trabajas. She is a modern yacht that can comfortably sleep six, with two private cabins and a full kitchen. You can hire this boat for just your family and enjoy a half day or full day of sailing – inshore or offshore. Captain Brad also offers overnight surf trips to Witches Rock and Ollies. We went on a trip out there and came away with unforgettable memories.
5) Sailing / Snorkeling Catamaran Panache: If you don’t want to spend the money to hire a whole boat for yourself, the Panache is a beautiful catamaran that will take you and other guests to some spectacular snorkeling spots. Take a sunset cruise – you won’t regret it.
6) Guachipelin Adventure: This is a day long adventure at the Hacienda Guachipelin Ranch in Rincon de la Vieja National Park. Your day will be packed with inner tubing on the rio, horseback riding, zip-lining through a canyon, and soaking up volcanic mud pools. We took our families here and had a fabulous time.
For more info on any of these tours, please email us firstname.lastname@example.org